Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Bean Stitch Scarf & Ribbed Toque for Donation

Most of the scarves I have crocheted in the past were always done with leftover balls that would never make an entire scarf without combining other leftover colours of yarn with it. As a result, I often found the scarves not quite as long as is fashionable. However, they were long enough to serve their purpose. This is the first scarf that I was able to crochet with a single colour and and make at a more fashionable length.

I wanted to try the mini bean stitch, and loved how it turned out. The scarf is squishy soft and feels nice and thick.


In this photo you can see how much longer is is in comparison to these scarves from my first post.


I love the small texture of the mini bean stitch, as seen in the close up below.


This next photo shows the scarf with the toque I made to go with it. I decided not use the bean stitch on the toque, because I wanted to be sure the toque would fit heads of multiple sizes without stretching too much.

This is a closer look at the toque. As you can see, I also opted not to make a pom pom for the toque.


Here is a closer look at the ribbing. This is a very easing toque to whip together.


I hope that whoever get's this set, will be pleased with it. I only wish I had donated them before the winter storm we just had (September 27, 28, 29). It was the earliest storm of this kind I had ever lived in. It is of course melting away now, but we are dealing with large piles of snow that melt during the day, and freeze solid during the night.

I hope that if you like to crochet or knit, that you have the opportunity to make scarves, toques, & blankets for the homeless in your area. This is a good way to help out while staying at home.

Happy crocheting!







No comments:

Post a Comment