Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Teen Pullover Sweater


Remember the grandson I told you about that did a little crocheting? Well his birthday was at the end of August. I know it is still too warm to wear a pullover sweater, but with school starting it will get cooler before we know it. So I decided to make him this pullover for his birthday.

I am showing this photo to you first, because you get the actual colours - black and blue. I used a free Caron pattern that I found on Yarnspirations and added the stripes for some colour. Again I am working with yarns I have instead of going out to buy the colours I would like better. But from what I do have he chose the colours for this pullover.


I am happy with how it turned out with one exceptions; my grandson mentioned that it was just a tiny bit tight in the armpit area. "Nothing to worry about", he said. I did follow the pattern, but I have little success with patterns of late. Could be my tension I guess.


The stitch I used for this pullover is the 'Griddle Stitch'. I love using this stitch a lot and it works well for both feminine & masculine projects. I have an all white baby blanket that will soon be posted, and I used this stitch for it as well. The blue stripes you see, I did in 'Half Double Crochet' stitches - 2 rows for each stripe.


The neck and sleeve cuffs are done in one of the crochet 'ribbing' stitch. It is the one that you crochet into the back loop, not the post stitch one.

A couple of the photos I took, I had trouble with getting the colours to show, but this next photo gives you an idea on how the sweater was constructed and put together.


Here is a closer look at the stripes of the sweater. They were not a part of the pattern that I used, but I added them in. (Adult Crew Neck Pullover )


I am pretty pleased at how it turned out and glad that he liked the pullover (and star pillow I tried).

Happy crocheting, everyone!







No comments:

Post a Comment