Friday, September 27, 2019

Autumn Pumpkins


About mid June, I came across several different tutorials on making crocheted pumpkins for Fall home decor. Normally I do not crochet items like these, but between them looking so darn cute, and having all that 60's/70's coloured yarn from my Grandmother, I thought, "Why not?"


I decided to use double the yarn so that it was more like a chunky yarn. For the solid coloured pumpkins, this is easy to do when you take the inside end and the outside end of the yarn, and work them together. You do not have to us two balls of yarn for your project.

For the pumpkin on the very left, the two-tone one, I of course used two balls, each a different colour.


Now as to the stems and leaves, these where not included on the patterns I came across. I'd say 98% of the patterns used a piece of a small branch or a piece of wood. I did see a couple of crocheted stems, but sorry to say I did not care for them. So, I decided to crochet my own a leftover ball of brown with very little left on it.  The same goes for the green. I had three greens to chose form, and even though the one I ended up choosing is a lighter fluffy yarn, it was the best of the greens to use.



Well, thank you for stopping by and having a look at my little crochet pumpkin display. My daughter placed it on the dinning sideboard to celebrate Autumn, and the fast approaching Canadian Thanksgiving on the second Monday of October.

Happy crocheting!






No comments:

Post a Comment