Friday, June 12, 2020

Still Crocheting Away!






Did you think that I stopped crocheting? No I haven't, as a matter of fact I have so much to share with you, I just never really had the time to post everything!

I still Have some Christmas 2019 projects to post, but decided to share with you some current things going on first before I play catch up.

First off, I wish to share with you that I have an assignment from the Relief Society (a women's organization of my church) to find community projects we can serve in and help others. Many of the women in our congregation either knit, quilt, or crochet. Some even do it all! Any way, in January of this year we decided to make blankets for the homeless, and for those in need with very low incomes.

We did not want people to feel overwhelmed at the idea of making and entire blanket, so we decided that no matter the area of expertise they have, they could work in squares that we could start assembling in September to drop off at the beginning of November. We made a goal of finishing at least 3 to 4 blankets.

Well, it looks like we are going to end up with many more blankets to give out, and some of the ladies decided they would rather make an entire blanket! I look forward to sharing with you the progress of our project with you. I will still post my personal projects as well.

For today I will show you three photos.


This is the first collection of squares made. You can see there are both crochet and knitted squares here.

More squares started arriving so I took another photo.


As you can see, the pile is growing! I think there enough to make nearly 3 blankets here!

Now I wish to share with you something that I thought I would try out. I have so much yarn left over form other projects. Any where from a couple of yards to an almost full ball of yarn. So I decided that I wanted to make a heavier blanket by using two strands of yarn at a time. When one colour ran out, I'd add another, intergrading all my yarns that way to make a nice thick, and hopefully colourful blanket.

So part way through I took a photo to share with you and get your opinion.


I'll share other photos of this blanket soon.

Thank you for stopping by!








No comments:

Post a Comment