Thursday, January 30, 2020

Baby Booties

Hello Everyone!

You may remember the slippers I made for four girls this last Christmas. I had adapted them from a pattern made for adult slippers. Well I found a way to adapt them once again to make baby booties. It turns out that I didn't have to adapt them much at all. By using sport or baby yarn and a 4.00 or 3.75mm hook, I could still use the same number of stitches to start them off and just create fewer rows for each section of the booties!


Now you might be wondering why I made so many. Well there are three that have been born in our church congregation since in the last two moths. All three were baby boys. We've had so many baby boys born this last year that I am getting tired of crocheting with boy colours. Hence the addition of some Yellow. I couldn't just make one pair of booties for the babies, since in the past I crocheted blankets. So I decided that making three pair would be a good compromise. And they whip up so much more quickly than blankets.



As you can see these little booties are made using the the Front & Back Post Double Crochet stitches.


The foot length measures 3 1/2 inches, just to give and idea of how tiny and cute these are.

Last night, we had the first of the three baby showers to come, and they where a hit with everyone there! Even the boxes and card that I made to go with them.


Last night I found out that there are a few more babies due through April of this year, and guess what? They are all boys! So much for a break from boy colours. I had started some booties in feminine colours thinking that surely a girl would come along soon. No such luck. So back to the boy colours for the next 3 or 4 babies.

Well, that it for this post. If you would like for me to write down the pattern for these little booties, just make a comment and I will write it out on another post for everyone.

Happy crocheting!





No comments:

Post a Comment