Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Another Completed Community Project Blanket

 Welcome everyone!


Remember an earlier report on the progress of our blanket squares? Well I have finally finished putting squares together for one blanket. I used the brightly coloured squares for this blanket. I crocheted the squares together using the Zig Zag Slip Stitch.

I also crocheted the same border as I did with the previous blanket. I guess you can tell I like it a lot, plus, it's easy. It's the Camel Stitch Border and if you would like to know how to crochet it too, here is the link to the video I watched.   


So I guess you'd like to see how it turned out. Well here it is all folded up.

  Here you can see the border a bit better.

And, below you see the blanket unfolded on the floor.

And here is one of my granddaughters laying on it to give you a better idea as to the size of the blanket.

I am disappointed at how the squares all bubbled up. I was careful to join them loosely but I guess the squares where not square enough. One reason that I prefer crocheting an entire blanket. One day I'll get this square thing worked out.

However, we do have another warm blanket for our Community Blanket Squares Project completed!

I still like these squares. I like the fact that they are solid crochet. I had started a bunch of other squares for a second blanket like this one, using neutrals and shades of purple. Hopefully that one will come together better.

All the best in your knitting, crochet or sewing project!






No comments:

Post a Comment