Thursday, August 6, 2020

Testing My Crochet Skills on an Advanced Pattern!

Thank you for stopping by today. 

I am so excited to share something with you. Have you looked at some crochet or knitting patterns that you really like, but then find out it is rated 'advanced' and only tell yourself you aren't good enough to do that pattern? Well I have. I have a board in Pintrest with all these beautifully crocheted patterns that just seem beyond my capability.

Last night I was looking at them again, and clicking on some to view their origin. Some do not have written or video instructions, just these beautiful images. Quite a few are accompanied by written instructions, but I am a visual person and sometimes the instructions do not make sense to me. But last night I found one with a video showing step by step, row by row, instructions that were easy to follow.I can't tell you how excited I was at finding this. I watch it for a bit, and knew that I could do this if I followed along!

The square that I wanted to try is the Tropical Delight Square. You will need to scroll down a fair bit to find it, but if you want to give this a go, the instructions are easy to follow.

Before I show a photo of my finished square, I need to let you know that I only had these colours to work with in a #3 yarn. Although the end result is not bad, I would choose some different colours. I was just practising to see if I could do it, so mixing types of yarns and colours were not a priority.

So here we go, my square!

I am so happy about being able to do this, that I plan on making something in the future with this pattern. Have any of you caught my mistake yet? There is a pretty major mistake, but I wasn't worried about it as it was a practise piece.

A blanket made with several of these squares would look quite beautiful on a bed. or even as a smaller afghan.

Any way, I am ready to see if I can tackle another one of these advanced creations I love! I guess the saying is true; you never know until you actually try.


Thank you again for having a peek at today's post.

Happy crocheting!


No comments:

Post a Comment