Friday, December 20, 2019

For my 22 Year Old Step-Grand-Daughter at Christmas


I ran into difficulties with this project. I ran out of the colour of yarn I wanted to use! I went to the store to get more, and they no longer had it available! Yikes! I hope I am better prepared next time. I ended up using three different colours of yarn. I hope she doesn't mind. Just the other day I went to the same store and saw that they had more of the colour I needed in stock again. Boy, was I frustrated with that. I had finished the project a few weeks ago and it is all wrapped up and under the tree for Christmas.

Any way, I made her a pair of mittens, an ear band, and a nice thick cowl. I hope she will use it for when she goes snowboarding.

So here we go.

You can see the two different colours of grey used in this photo. I love the arrow stitch in the ear band, which I got from this YouTube video  -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf2sOt0rSZU



Again, because I did not have a chunky yearn I used a double strand of a soft #4 yarn. I did that for both the ear band and the cowl.

I made the cowl last, which is where I ran into the problem of running out of the colour of yarn I was using, and had to find something in the same yarn that would go well with the grey and still be light in colour. That is why I chose a very light lilac colour since they did not have white in the same yarn.

I liked the Arrow stitch so much that I designed my own cowl pattern to go with the ear band.


Here is the cowl from one side...

...And here it is from the other side.


If I had a model, I could show you better what it looks like on. But I did kind of shape it a bit as iff it was around someone's neck, below.


And, here are the basic, plain mittens. I may try to make some mittens next year that are a little more fancy.


I also made for her half a dozen scrunchies for her hair, but I forgot to take photos of those. But I did use the pattern form this video. Love how easy it is and how quickly they come together.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMmJKlZ4uvo

If you would like for me to write out the pattern for the cowl, just request it in a comment below.

Happy crocheting!





No comments:

Post a Comment