Thursday, December 19, 2019

Mittens & Ear Bands for the Grandchildren at Christmas


With Christmas less than a week away, things are pretty busy here, as I am sure it is at your household too. Not only have I been trying to finish up my crocheting of Christmas gifts, but I have started a bit of a freelance design job designing layouts and cards to be made up as kits for Scrapbook Parade. So I have been very, very busy (the reason for not having posted these sooner). I also realized that I have wrapped some projects already, without having taken some photos of them.

Anyway, lets get on with the post of the mittens and ear bands.


Both of these grand-daughters like pink, but the younger of the two often gets purple so that they can't get their things mixed up. So I decided to give a little more pink in this gift by adding just a touch of purple. So one gets pink with blue accents (12 years old), and the other pink with purple accents (10 years old). And my 14 year old grandson gets brown.

All the ear bands are done in a double #4 strand, since I did not have a chunky yarn, and the mittens are done in a single #4 strand.

I ran out of pink when making the ear band so added a mix of purple & white to the ear band. The coloured flowers on the mittens, will help the girls tell their mittens from the other's.




Here is the 12 year old's set, with blue accents.



...And the set for my 14 year old grandson.




I was surprised at how large I had to make his mittens. I did not realize his hands are the size of a small adults!

I hope that they will wear these, because they have those thin little gloves, and usually wear their parka hoods. We shall see what happens.

These have been wrapped up for a while now, and are already under the tree, I noticed that they have been looking at the tags...laugh out loud.

Hoping that you are not racing to complete your crochet projects, like am.

Happy crocheting!






No comments:

Post a Comment