Tuesday, December 3, 2019

My First Shrug


Hello Everyone!

Today marks the start of showing things that I have worked on for Christmas gifts! The first item is a first for me. I came across something called a 'shrug' and while it is not something that I would wear out of the comfort of my home, it is something that is easy to make, which means faster. Faster is what I need when I'm pretty much crocheting all of the Christmas gifts this year.

This shrug is made for my 12 year old step-grand-daughter, and is definitely her style.


The pattern called for a much larger hook (7mm) than I thought, but it made the loosely crocheted article so soft!

Here is a closer look at the ribbing.


...and at the Susette stitch which is the large rectangle that starts it all.



In the making of this shrug, I ran out of this gray yarn and ended up using a very dark gray for the sleeves.



I had so much fun making this, that I decided to make one for daughter as well. Hers will be a heather blue and I'll share that you when I have completed it.

Have you made a shrug before?

Well, it's very late, or maybe I should say early, and it's way past time for me to try and get some sleep.

Happy crocheting!







No comments:

Post a Comment