Wednesday, January 1, 2020

For My Sister and Her Husband For Christmas






I am soooooo far behind in getting all my crochet projects for Christmas gifts all posted! And now it's time to wish everyone a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




Today I am showing you the gifts I made for my sister and brother-in-law. I used the same yarn for both, but in different colours.

FOR MY SISTER

As you can see in the photo below, I made a hat, ear band, mittens & scarf.


The hat pattern I got from 'Love Crochet' by Yarnspirations.


It was an easy pattern and one I would do again.
Below is the twisted ear band or head band, which I did not use a pattern for. I used the Elizabeth stitch which looks a little different when using a #5 yarn versus a #3 or 4.


Here are the mittens. You notice that they are the same as the ones I made for everyone else. A simple pattern that I now know off by heart! These too are from 'Love Crochet' by Yarnspirations.


I believe this is the first time I crocheted a scarf the length, instead of the traditional width. This way you can have a nice vertical pattern down the side edges.




The close ups changed the colour of the yarn.




FOR HER HUSBAND - MY BROTHER-IN-LAW

I made the same scarf, and mittens, but there wasn't enough yarn for the ear band as more was used in the making of his toque. The colours of this yarn lends itself better for a masculine set.



This stitch, the Step Stitch, is the first for me and was delighted at how easy it was to create. My brother-in-law, loved this toque and wore it for 2 days after receiving it. He even wore it in the house!



Scarf - same as my sister's...




Well, that's it for this posting. Hope you enjoyed the two sets. I wish I could find more yarn like this. it is so soft and easy to work with.

Happy crocheting!







No comments:

Post a Comment