Thursday, January 2, 2020

3 Cardigans For 3 Girls For Christmas

The Christmas gifts continue with these 3 cardigans.

I made these cardigans for three girls. Two of them for my 2 granddaughters, aged 10 & 12, and one for a very tiny 10 year old step-granddaughter (hers is not posted as it is exactly the same as the purple one, only a smaller size, so why post 2 purple cardigans?).


For these cardigans I crocheted the body in one piece in a vertical direction with the Half-Double Crochet stitch. Once I seamed it up then I added the sleeves in a single crochet round.

Lastly, I crocheted a border using the Window Flower Stitch I found on YouTube. I had to figure it all out before starting the border so that it would work in the corners and curves. I am pleased with how it turned out.






I am happy to report that all three girls loved them. One of the girls even wore it despite being hot from the the excitement and 'opening gifts workout' she had. When her Mom suggested she might want to remove her cardigan, she replied - "No I don't want to. It was made by a very special person". Did that ever make me feel good.

Here is the size 12 cardigan in grey.





This 12 year old girl made sure to wear her cardigan to Church the Sunday following Christmas. That made me feel good too.

One thing I wish to note here. With children you need to measure their arm length even after only four months has passed. Not that the sleeves were too short, or to be disappointed in the length of the sleeves, but enough to wish you had added a row or two. Something I learned, anyway.


Happy crocheting!







No comments:

Post a Comment