Saturday, January 4, 2020

A Shrug for my Daughter


Welcome back for some more Christmas gift sharing!

My daughter can work from home most of the time and she says she can get a little cold in her office. So for my daughter I wanted to make her something to help keep her comfortable and warm. I decided a shrug might be just the thing, along with some hand warmers (fingerless gloves).

I made a smaller version of this shrug for one of the four girls that would be here for Christmas (posted here), but this one is in a different colour, yarn size #3 (sport yarn), and is a size larger.


Because I used a sport yarn (#3) I had to adjust the pattern slightly, and also I used a 7mm hook keeping the Elizabeth stitch nice and loose, and very soft. The pattern I had to purchase, but there is a bit of a video showing the 'Habitat Cardigan' as labeled by the designer.


This is what it looks like spread out on the kitchen island. I did not get a photo of my daughter wearing it....yet.

I took a close up of the stitches, but the photo came out with the yarn looking grey in colour. I guess the colour doesn't remain true when the camera gets too close. But at least you can see what the Elizabeth stitch looks like, and the Half Double Crochet Ribbing too.


HAND WARMERS



I did one pair of hand warmers in the same yarn, and in the Elizabeth stitch, but it looks different than the Elizabeth stitch of the shrug. Why? Well that's because I worked the hand warmers in a round, rather than the back forth rows of the shrug. That's what made it look different. I like how they turned out, and they match the shrug nicely should my daughter need both when working.


The light mauve warmers are a remake of the ones I made for her birthday. They were a little too large, so I made her a new pair in the same yarn I did for her birthday.


These are just done in a Single Crochet stitch and a Slip Stitch Ribbing.

Well that's it for this gift, and there is more still to come.

Happy crocheting!






No comments:

Post a Comment