Sunday, August 2, 2020

More Community Blanket Progress - Made by a Friend

In the last post about the Relief Society Community project of making blankets, I reported a great way to join up all the squares we are making to create the blankets. Since then a friend of mine dropped off her finished blanket. She gave me permission to post her blanket. My friend is a knitter, not a crocheter, and there's one lovely thing about knitting, it is softer.

Here is her blanket all neatly folded up.


Now, here is a blanket close-up so see here beautifully knitted squares.


I love how there is this hidden pattern of x's or squares, depending on you look at it. Here is is all laid out on the floor.


Such lovely bright colours. Here is the blanket again with another of my granddaughters laying on it so that you may see how large it is. I'm sure it will cover the top of a twin easily.


There will be one more person a littler warmer come this winter. Thank You Karen for contributing to our community project.

Check in tomorrow for some more!

Happy creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment